Tosca's Detox Bone Broth
- 4 to 5 lbs grass-fed, hormone- and antibiotic-free beef and beef bones
- Cold water
- 1 to 2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 to 3 onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- Your favorite herbs (parsley, thyme, oregano, etc.)
- Sea salt and whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
Ingredients Print Recipe
1.Place beef bones in a large stockpot and fill with water, covering bones by about 1 inch.
2. Add beef, onions, carrots, celery, herbs, salt and peppercorns, bay leaves and - Tosca's trade secret - one or two tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar.
3.Allow this combination to simmer away for at least 5 hours to yield a delicious, nutrient-dense stock.