Roasted Baby Carrots
- Provided by: Chef Chris Brown
- 1 lbs baby heirloom carrots, multicoloured (not those little baby cut carrots in a bag)
- 1 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted hazlenuts, lightly crushed
- 2 tbsp picked dill
- 3 tbsp fresh ricotta
- Salt and pepper
Ingredients Print Recipe
2. Clean and trim carrots; leave skin on. If you can't find baby heirloom carrots, simply use large heirloom carrots and cut into large cunks (about 2-3 inches long). Toss carrots with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary. Roast for 8-10 minutes until caramelized.
3. Transfer carrots to a platter. Drizzle with maple syrup and top with hazelnuts, dill and dollops of ricotta cheese.
Note: To toast hazelnuts, roast in preheated 400F oven for about 5 minutes. Rub hazlenuts in a towel to remove skins.