Peggy K's Pasta Imposter
- Servings: 2
- Difficulty: Easy
- Provided by: Peggy K
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) coconut oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sea salt
- 4 medium yellow zucchinis
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL) truffle oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped to garnish
- To taste Parmesan cheese (optional)
Ingredients Print Recipe
2. Using a potato peeler, peel the zucchini lengthwise, making zucchini ribbons about the width of fettuccini. Keep going around the entire zucchini and stop just before reaching the seedy core.
3. Place zucchini noodles in a bowl and toss with oil, remaining 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt, and pepper. Noodles will become soft and pasta-like. Top with mushrooms and parsley and drizzle with truffle oil.
4. Sprinkle with parmesan (if using).
Serving Size: 1 bowl