Ginger Scallion Noodles
- Servings: 4-6
- Provided by: Joshna Maharaj
- 2 1/2 cups (1-2 large bunches) scallions, green and white parts, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb. noodles (rice, wheat, soba etc.)
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame beans, shelled
- chili oil, for serving
Ingredients Print Recipe
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook noodles according to the package directions. When pasta is 5 minutes from being done, add edamame to pot and stir.
Drain pasta and edamame in a colander, reserving about 1 cup of pasta water. In a large bowl, add 1 cup ginger scallion sauce, pasta, edamame and about a third of pasta cooking water and toss gently to coat. Drizzle liberally with chili oil and enjoy.
Serve it with fish or, in the summer, a few lovely ribbons of steak straight off of the BBQ. Bonus: Pack it up for a delish lunch the next day!