Finger Licking Ribs in a Flash
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Provided by: Chef Voula Halliday
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) smoked paprika
- 1 cup (250 mL) strained tomatoes (also called passata di pomodoro)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1.5 kg pork back ribs
- 3 green onions, finely sliced (optional)
Ingredients Print Recipe
Add the finely chopped onion and minced garlic to pan along with the smoked paprika, crushed tomato, apple cider vinegar, honey (if using), salt and pepper. Stir to evenly combine. Slice pork into 2 rib portions. Add ribs to pan and toss in sauce to evenly coat.
Attach lid of pressure cooker and bring to pressure over high heat. Once pressure has been reached, lower the heat to stabilize pressure (as per manufacturers instructions) and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from stove and use natural release method. This will take about 15 minutes.
Once pressure has released, remove lid and remove ribs from pan onto a serving platter. Sprinkle with finely sliced green onion. Using a spoon or a ladle, remove layer of fat from sauce. Pour sauce into a small bowl to serve along side ribs. Ideal with mashed potatoes and Green Bean and Napa Cabbage Salad.
*Note: If you are cooking on an electric burner it's best to remove the pressure cooker from the burner once it has reached full pressure then turn down element and wait a moment for it to cool before returning pressure cooker to continue cooking. Learn all about pressure cookers here.
Note: This recipe was tested for both taste and time on busy school nights. Grown-ups and a gaggle of school kids had only two things to say: "Mmmmmm" and "Can I have some more please?"