Dulce de Leche Banana Bread
- Servings: 8
- Provided by: Chef Rosa Maria Tortorici
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 6 bananas)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 can (13 oz) dulce de leche
Ingredients Print Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a loaf pan by buttering and lining with parchment paper. Whisk together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, sugar and oil. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; fold together until just combined.
2. Add half the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spoon dollops of dulce de leche over the batter. Using a knife, swirl the dulce de leche into the batter. Top remaining batter.
3. Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
4. Enjoy with a cup of Café con Leche y ˇBuen provecho!