Chocolate Pie with Tortilla Chip Crust
- Servings: Makes 1x9-inch pie / 8 servings
- Provided by: Jo Lusted
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups finely ground, salted tortilla chips (about 300g bag)
- 1 pkg instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tub frozen whipped topping, defrosted and divided
- 2 tbsp coffee liquor
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 1/3 cup beer nuts, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chocolate shavings
Ingredients Print Recipe
Preheat oven to 350F. Melt butter and sugar together. In a large bowl, pour melted butter and sugar over ground tortillas; mix until fully combined. Press into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
Meanwhile, prepare filling. In a food processor, combine pudding mixture with milk, peanut butter, 1 cup whipped topping, chili powder and cinnamon until smooth. Transfer into cooled pie crust; smooth top. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 6 hours or overnight.
Whisk whipped topping and coffee liquor together until smooth. Spread over pudding filling. Garnish with tortilla chips, beer nuts and chocolate shavings before serving.