Chicken Stir Fry with Sweet Potatoes and Hoisin Sauce
- Provided by: Tosca Reno
- 2 tbsps. roasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ribbons
- 1 large purple onion, peeled and cut into ribbons
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into ribbons
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into ribbons
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, passed through a garlic press
- 4 to 5 cups of red cabbage, sliced
- 3 tbsps. of Hoisin sauce
- 4 tbsps. of sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 scallions, trimed and chopped on the diagonal
Ingredients Print Recipe
1.Heat 1 tbsp. of oil over a medium-high heat. Stir-fry the chicken until the strips are cooked.
2.If necessary, add more oil and sti-fry the potatoes, onion, turnip and carrot until tender crisp. Add ginger and garlic. Cook for two minutes more.
3.Add red cabbage and str-fry until soft, adding more oil if it's needed.
4.Add hoisoin sauce adn reduce the heat. Toss to coat.
5.Divide the mixture among four heated serving bowls. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.