Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts and Bacon
- Provided by: Chef Chris Brown
- 1/2 lbs of Brussels sprouts (cut in half, blanched and refreshed)
- 2 strips of bacon cubed
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 10 chestnuts (roasted and peeled)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small fresh chili pepper, broken in half (optional)
Ingredients Print Recipe
2. Roast chestnuts at 500F for five minutes.
3. Peel while warm and set aside.
4. Cut stem end off Brussels sprouts, cut in half.
5. Blanch in heavily salted water for 90 seconds.
6. Shock in ice bath to stop cooking process.
7. Render bacon in a large skillet over medium-high until almost crisp. 8. Add garlic, thyme, chili, and Brussels sprouts. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Increase heat to medium high and cook until Brussels are caramelized, about 5 minutes.
10. Toss with chestnuts and serve.