Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
- Provided by: Chef Rosa Maria Tortorici
- 10 Tomatillos (husked, washed, chopped in quarters)
- 1 ripe avocado ( halved and pitted)
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 jalapeno or serrano chiles (seeded and coarsely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
Ingredients Print Recipe
1. In a food processor, combine onion, chili, garlic and process until partially smooth. Add the tomatillo, 1/4 cup of water, lemon, sugar, cilantro, salt. Process until the mixture is coarsely textured.
2. Scoop the avocado in a bowl and mash to get a chunky texture. Stir in the the salsa and garnish with the cilantro. Buen provecho!