Steven and Chris
Mature Beauty: Eyes
Beauty expert Cheryl Gushue shares her tips and tricks to take years off your look with the right makeup techniques on your eyes.
First off, be sure to avoid these common makeup mistakes for mature eyes:
- Don't use shimmer around the eye. Shimmer will only highlight wrinkles and creasing.
- Don't use undereye liner because it brings the attention down when you want to lift your eyes for a youthful look.
- Don't forget about your lashes!
Now, here's what you should be doing:
- Stick to a matte powder palette so it doesn't settle into wrinkles. Use natural colors because they're more forgiving and won't draw attention to imperfections.
- A contour shade in the crease to give some depth as you can lose that roundness around the eyes with age.
- Manage the hooded eyelid with eyeliner - a soft wing will add a youthful lift.
- Add volume to thinning lashes with a volumizing mascara.