Steven and Chris Episodes
Give Your Planters New Life
After a few summers in the garden, perhaps your planters have seen better days. But you're just a few steps away from cleaning them up and giving them a new look with a little lustre.
2. Prime your planter with primer paint.
3. Use the spraypaint colour of your choice. Let dry for at least 24 hours.
4. If the planter becomes dirty or worn, buff with Turtlewax.
5. To keep pests out of your planters, you can create a pest concoction using tomatoes, onions, garlic, cayenne pepper, liquid dish soap, and water. Blend them together in a blender, place in jar, and put at the bottom of planter the before placing the plant.
6. If the plant is standing too tall in the planter, use a burlap ribbon as a finishing touch.
Featured Planters: planters, Frontier Furniture; ribbon, Michael's; primer/spray paint, Home Depot