Steven and Chris Episodes
DIY Carnation Spheres with Nia Vardalos
Who knew? Author and actress Nia Vardalos worked as a professional florist in Winnipeg before rising to fame with My Big Fat Greek Wedding. She shares a simple floral DIY project that adds instant color to any table.
- Carnations (At least 50 bloomed carnations)
- 4.5" floral foam sphere
- Round stubby glass vase
- Sharp knife
1. Soak your floral foam in water for a couple of hours.
2. Trim carnation stems to one inch using sharp knife.
3. Stuff carnations into sphere until full surface is covered.
4. Place carnation sphere onto upside-down stubby vase.
Completed carnation spheres will stay fresh for at least three days. If you plan to make multiple carnation spheres you should consider buying your flowers from a wholesaler to cut down on costs.