Steven and Chris Episodes
Clean Burnt Pots and Pans
There are lots of online solutions for cleaning really burnt pots and pans, so Chef Joshna put them to the test, and shares the easiest, most effective and quickest way to get your blackened pot back to its shiny former self without having to soak it overnight.
1. Discard contents of pot.
2. Scrape out as many loose bits of burnt food as you can with a wooden spoon.
3. Don't use anything sharp or abrasive.
4. Sprinkle baking soda into bottom of pan (about 2 tbsp per cup of water).
5. Add enough water to cover burnt parts by 1-inch and stir; water should look murky.
6. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and discard water.
8. Scrape bottom of pot with wooden spoon. Burnt bits should come right off!
9. If any stains remain, sprinkle baking soda into the pan and add a few drops of water to form a paste.
10. Scrub using a non-abrasive scrubbie. The remaining bits will come right off!