Steven and Chris Episodes
Banish Winter Blues Naturally
With shorter days and colder weather, it's easy for winter blues to set in. But nutritionist Melissa Ramos says you can beat those blues naturally. Here's how!
The problem: A weak immune system
The solution: Chaga
- Chaga has the highest antioxidant level of all mushrooms which we know boosts immunity.
- Use granules in a French press. Chaga can be a coffee replacement or add several tablespoons and add it to a soup.
The problem: Over eating
The solution: Astragalus
- Astragalus' immune boosting powers help to fortify the system and aid digestion.
- Put a couple sticks of the raw herb into soups or take the herbal tincture 2 times daily away from meals.
The problem: Feeling the winter blahs, unmotivated and depressed
The solution: Fish Oil With Vitamin D
- Fish oil is good to lubricate the insides as the season gets drier, and helps preventdepression
- Take 1 tsp with breakfast and 1 tsp with dinner
The problem: A common winter cold
The solution: Goldenseal
- Goldenseal is a major antiviral for kicking out colds.
- Take 1 syringe in the mouth 3x per day away from meals.
The problem: Dry hair and skin
The solution: Castor Oil (used externally only)
- Castor oil helps to increase immunity & great for dry hair or skin.
- Mix equal parts of castor oil and almond oil and apply to face after washing. This will help with dry skin and make skin glow since castor oil increases circulation.
- Mix a small amount of equal parts of castor oil and almond oil, and warm in a small pot. Massage into scalp and hair, put a shower cap on and leave overnight. Wash thoroughly in the morning.