- Provided by: Brandon Wilson aka The Fire Foodie
- 4 lb. thinly sliced sirloin steak
- 1 large onion-diced (optional)
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 lb. shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 lb. American cheese
- 20 large empanada shells (Available in your grocer's frozen food section)
Ingredients Print Recipe
Saute steak with salt, pepper, and garlic powder until fully cooked. Add sauteed onion if desired. Add cheeses and allow to melt. Set aside to cool.
Thaw empanada shells. Fill with 2 tbsp. mixture and seal edges with a fork.
Preheat frying oil to 350 degrees. Deep fry or pan fry. Fry each empanada until golden-brown.