Finding Bargains at Thrift Shops
Vintage stores can be daunting for first-timers. But armed with a strategy, you might become hooked on this great shopping adventure.
Here are Valerie's tips for scanning the racks:
- Take your time. You have to dig, but you can often find clothes with tags intact!
- Fit is most important. An expensive brand-name top will look sloppy if it doesn't fit. If you love something that doesn't fit, plan to have it altered.
- Avoid items in disrepair. Know that some items can be repaired, but some cannot.
- Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize! Make a thrift store find your own with trendy accessories.
- If you get tired of your thrift store find, donate it back to the store!
- For an added bonus, shop at a thrift store that benefits a local charity.
Special thanks to:
The Women's Home Cottage Thrift Shop