There are few clothing items that women hate to try on more than swimsuits!
- 2010 swimsuit trends: floral, abstract patterns, geometrics, nautical, bright colors, interchangeable belts, made-to-fit swimwear, embellishments, details, jewels and the swim dress
- Do not go to the beach or pool in a t-shirt cover-up, baseball cap and flip flops! Wear a slight heel to make you calf pop and complete the outfit with a cute cover-up, bag, hat and accessories.
- Want a sexy one-piece? Try a monokini!
- Buy a suit for your body type!
- If you carry your weight below the waist (hips and thighs), balance it with some embellishment on the top, something that draws the emphasis up toward the shoulders. A good idea is to use darker colors on bottom and lighter colors on top or wear a patterned tankini top.
- If your body is visually proportionate, hips and shoulders are equal in width, just make sure you emphasize your narrow waist.
- If you carry your weight through the bust area and the midsection, you want to create the illusion of a whittled waist. In general, do not wear a two-piece swimsuit. Wear a tankini or one-piece. It's also important to have some sort of print or detail that comes up and down the front and the center to draw the eye inward.
Made-to-Order Swimwear is an option for a custom fit suit. Lori Coulter designed the system so women wouldn't have to shop several different stores and try on suit after suit after suit. With Lori's swimwear line, the process is simple. You step into a booth, have your body scanned to collect your measurements, then design a swim suit with hundreds of fabrics, styles and detail combinations. Your suit will arrive in about ten days!
For more information:
Lauren Battistini Owner - Color My Closet 281-989-4086 www.colormycloset.com
Special thanks to Macy's for swimwear and accessories: www.macys.com Zingara Swimwear: www.zingaraswimwear.com Lori Coulter Made-to-Order Swimwear: www.loricoulter.com Thanks to the Four Seasons for shooting location: www.fourseasons.com