Want to pamper yourself with a spa getaway without spending hundreds of dollars? Well now you can, right at home with these DIY recipes!
Mix in a bowl:
- ½ cup citric acid
- 1 cup baking soda
- ¾ cup of cornstarch (run ingredients through a sifter to really get them mixed)
Add to the mixture:
- ¼ cup Epsom salt (mix very well)
Fill a small spray bottle with:
- Six drops of your favorite food coloring (lightly spritz the mixture until it's damp enough to be packed together with your hands)
- 4-5 drops of essential oil (mix everything with your hands to make sure it's packable)
Take an ice tray or candy mold:
- Pour the mixture into the tray
- Really pack the powder into the mold with your thumb
- Let them sit overnight to dry, then crack them out of the mold like ice cubes
- Package for a gift or throw in your bath!
TUB TEA BALL
- Take a stainless steel tea ball and set it in a little jar so it won't topple over.
- Add a little bit of Epsom salt to the bottom.
- Add your favorite scented potpourri.
- Drop some of your favorite essential oils on top of that.
- Stick your tea ball in the bath!
BATH TEA BAGS
- Buy some large empty tea bags from a tea store or online.
- Fill them with your favorite teas or combinations of different teas.
- Seal and staple them.
- Toss them in a warm bath or give them as gifts! They make your bathroom smell like a relaxing spa.
ROSE BUD SCRUB
- Start with a pretty jar.
- Fill it 1/3 of the way with coconut oil.
- Add the fresh petals from one rose.
- Fill the rest of the jar with raw cane sugar.
- On top of the cane sugar, add jojoba oil. The oil will seep down and let the flowers distribute throughout the mixture.
- Once the oil settles a bit, add a little bit more just to fill the jar.
- The last step is to close the lid and be patient. Let the oil seep down into the mixture.
- When you're ready to use it, be sure to stir it up first.
Special thanks to:
Owner - The Upper Hand Salon