Polish Your Look
Before you go out and spend more money on clothes, take a look in your closet and find new ways to spruce up the outfits you already have.
Biggest Fashion Faux Pas:
1. Wearing the wrong color underneath a white blouse or pants -- stick to nude!
2. Never leave the house with wrinkled clothing -- it makes your outfit look cheap!
3. If the clothes don't fit, it doesn't look good, honey!
10 Tips to Polish Your Look:
1. Trousers should always have a "break" -- that means instead of hanging straight at your ankle, the fabric should bend over your foot. The hem should fall a half an inch or less from the floor.
2. Your shoes must be polished -- you can do them at home yourself.
3. After you have a good, cleanly pressed look, you can pop the collar and rolls the sleeves to add interest.
4. If you're wearing pants that have belt loops that are going to show, always wear a belt.
5. Wear a scarf to really add a pop of color.
6. As far as jewelry goes, diamond studs are always a classic.
7. Light-weight knit fabrics tend to fall right at your body line, so wear a slip or body shaper to prevent the dress wedgie!
8. A clean, low pony tail always looks great.
9. It's a good idea to have a lint roller, a deodorant sponge and doubled sided fashion tape available.
10. Last tip -- always look in the mirror front and back before you leave home!
For more information:
Wendy Norwood Patterson
Special thanks to Neal Hamil Modeling Agency. For more information visit nealhamilagency.com.