Picture Perfect Family Photos
Want the perfect family photo session? Here are some tips from professional photographer Melissa Fitzgerald and makeup artist Heather Hughes!
- If your photos are for holiday cards, figure out the card background you want BEFORE you head to your session. Then, be sure to show it to your photographer.
- Next, choose your location. Outdoor/natural light is usually best.
- Plan your outfits ahead of time and start with Mom. Then, try to coordinate the colors/patterns of everyone else's outfits around Mom's outfit without being too matchy-matchy.
- Best makeup tip: Face Saver. Heather describes it as antiperspirant for your face!
- Follow with translucent powder and bronzer (lightly!).
- For eyes, don't stray too far from what you usually do every day. Just add more to intensify it.
- Stay away from too much sparkle for outside.
- For natural lips, use neutral liner, gloss and a brighter dot of color in the very center of your lips.
- Don't dress your baby until right before the shoot.
- Photo shoots are like Murphy's Law, anything bad that can happen, will happen. Just be prepared to go with it!
Owner - Hues By Heather