One Week/One Carry-On
Even the savviest packer might struggle with one week's worth of outfits and only one carry-on bag. Here's how to pack light and stay stylish the whole time.
Stylist Eric Himel has these tips:
- First, pick a theme. It could be nautical. It could be black and white. It could be animal prints.
- Pick a base color. A neutral is best.
- Next, fold some items and roll the rest. The rolled items will fill the extra spaces in the suitcase. Don't worry about being perfect -- just get a tight, wrinkle-free roll.
- Start packing! Grab your suitcase.
- Put shoes and odd-sized, heavy items on the bottom first.
- Fill in the spaces with socks, underwear, bathing suits and other small things are fine if wrinkled.
- If you pack a hat, fill the inside with little items before putting it in your suitcase to utilize space.
- Use the inside flap pocket of the suitcase for flat items.
- Then, move on to your big carry-on tote. Fill with liquid travel items, flat iron or curling iron, cosmetics sunglasses, jewelry, wallet and a pashmina -- just make sure they're all TSA approved.
For more information on Flight 001 visit www.flight001.com.