Nick of Time Quick Makeup Tips
Makeup Artist Heather Hughes has do-it-yourself makeup looks to get you from Christmas morning to New Year's Eve.
After Work Cocktail Party:
- You already have on your makeup from the day. Now, kick it up a notch for nighttime.
- Use a dark eyeliner to line the lids.
- Then use the same liner to make a little sideways V on the top lids (pointing outward). Smudge it to create a smoky look.
- Don't worry about bringing blush, just grab your blush brush when you leave the house in the morning. If you don't wash your brushes after each use (most of us don't!) you'll have enough on there to sweep across your cheeks before the party.
- Last, add some red lipstick or gloss.
- When you wake up on Christmas morning, don't go downstairs without adding a little color to your face!
- Start with Benefit Benetint on your cheeks for a natural glow.
- Add some pink-tinted Lip Glow by Dior.
- Curl your lashes to look awake and add ONE coat of mascara. Not too much, so you don't look made up.
- Start with a flesh colored shadow from lashes to brows.
- Sweep a medium colored shadow in the crease.
- Add black liner (Heather used L'Oreal).
- Sweep s blush/highlighter combo on cheeks (Heather used Benefit's Ten).
- Add a lip stain (so your lip color will stay on from appetizers to dessert!).
- Top with black mascara and then colored mascara on the tips of your lashes.