Most 'Super' of the Super Foods
Fitness and nutrition studio owners Henry Richardson and Erin Stewart know that food is our fuel and they choose the best.
"A super food is plant-based, mineral-rich, high in enzymes, most powerful food on the planet," Stewart adds.
Here is their list of the BEST of the best:
- High Vitamin C
- High Beta-carotene
- High Iron
- Improves Mood
- Goji berries are a Chinese herbal berry that's been around for many years.
- It's so high in Vitamin C, ounce per ounce more than an orange. More beta-carotene than a carrot and more iron than spinach.
- Goji berries are actually a really great snack. You can have them by themselves or put them in granola to add a little sweet, tart flavor to it.
- More Omega Fatty Acids than Salmon
- High Antioxidants
- Curbs Appetite
- Balances Blood Sugar
- Chia seeds are from plants in South America.
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 3 cups nut milk (we used help milk)
- 4 Tbsp agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- High Protein Content
- Easy for Kidneys to Digest
- High in B12
- Boosts Energy
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Spirulina is a blue/green algae.
- It's the only plant source for B12, which is kind of rare.
- Although it doesn't have a ton of flavor, it has a ton of natural nutrient benefits. So adding it to a salad is really going to take it to the next level of a super food.
- Plant-Based Protein
- Easy to Digest
- High in Omega Fatty Acids
- You can sprinkle it on just about anything.
- High Antioxidants
- High Fiber
- High Fatty Acids
- 1 Acai Puree Smoothie Pack
- 1 large banana
- 1 heaping Tbsp camu-camu powder
- 1 large handful frozen cherries
- splash almond milk (or liquid of your choice)
- drizzle of agave (optional)
- High in Iron
- High in Iodine
- Salt Replacement
- Heart Healthy
- Comes in Many Forms
- Kelp is actually brown algae, which is high in minerals.
- Used by Incan Warriors
- An "Adaptogen" -- Fights Disease
- Boosts Stamina
- Fights Fatigue
- Libido Boost
Co-Owner -- DEFINEfoods
Owner -- DEFINE: body and mind