Medicine Ball Workout
Never heard of a medicine ball? It's a little smaller than a basketball, much heavier and an equally good workout.
They range in weight, but starting with a six to ten pound balls is ideal. You can get a full workout in just twenty minutes.
"A medicine ball will improve your strength, your agility, your coordination. It makes you more dynamic and mobile than a strength-based workout using dumbbells," says Stephanie.
Try these moves...
Toss and Catch:
- Bend your knees
- Let the ball go down with your center of gravity
- Throw the ball up using your whole body
- Do the same move without throwing the ball for an additional shoulder workout
- Hold the ball and squat
- Let the ball drop down when the body comes up
- Hold the ball in both hands
- Press it overhead from your chest and repeat
- Pretend you're going to throw the ball with both hands from your chest
- Once you release the ball to throw it, quickly grab it back and pull it in toward your chest again.
- Throw the ball back and forth with your partner
- To make it more difficult, lunge when you receive the ball.
Personal Trainer 713-305-9878
Special thanks to One 2 One Training Center.