Magnetic Beauty: Organize Your Makeup
You wouldn't believe how many beauty organization projects you can do with magnets!
"Every single woman struggles with keeping her makeup organized. But there's a really simple solution and it's magnets," says salon owner Rachel Gower.
The Upper Hand Salon
So, she came up with some great do-it-yourself, crafty, magnetic solutions!
PRETTY AS A PICTURE
- 11x14 frame
- thin sheet metal
- crazy glue
- heavy duty small magnets
- self-adhesive drawer liner
- Measure the inside rim of the frame.
- Have your hardware store cut the sheet metal to the same size as the inside rim of the frame, or very carefully do it yourself.
- Take your self-adhesive drawer liner, roll it out, and to make it a little easier, take a piece of tape and tape it to your work surface.
- Lay your sheet metal right on top of the paper, and cut around the metal, leaving at least an inch on each side.
- Peel the protective liner off the adhesive strip and lay sheet metal on top.
- Cut slits in the corners of the liner and fold up the liner around the sheet metal like a present.
- If you see bubbles, smooth them out using a flat edge, starting at the center.
- Turn the frame over and line the inner rim of the frame with glue.
- Place the covered sheet metal inside the picture frame.
- Once you place the sheet metal inside the frame, take a thumb tack and tack it in on each side to make sure it stays put.
- Let it sit for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile, glue your magnets to your makeup. A quick tip: make sure you clean the surface of the makeup with rubbing alcohol. It will stick a lot better.
- When the frame is dry stick your magnetized makeup on the board!
- Velcro strips
- Magnetic (metal) strip
- Start by putting your Velcro on the back of the magnetic strip.
- Turn it back over and place the magnets across the front of the strip.
- Then, put all of your items on it.
To organize loose bobby pins:
- Use a paper clip holder with a magnetized top
- Use an adhesive magnetic strip on the inside of a cabinet door.
The Upper Hand Salon