Leather on the Legs
Whether your style is biker, boho, or business, you can't go wrong this season with a little leather on your legs!
"Every body type and every age can wear leather. It's about incorporating it into your wardrobe in a way that's right for you," says stylist Wendy Norwood Patterson.
Here are a few of her tips:
- If you like Boho& try a tobacco-colored leather jean with a floral print silk tunic. Then, added a faux fur vest to anchor the whole look.
- For a more business look& try a leather pencil skirt with a black, sheer silk top, then added a tweed blazer.
- If you're a beginner& try a tunic with leather leggings.
- In the winter& try leather leggings with a sheer tunic, topped with a big, cozy sweater.
- If you're bold& swap your leather leggings and tunic for leather pants. Pair them with a sheer shirt, fitted blazer, and faux fur vest. Layer, layer, layer!
- If you like to a trouser pant or a leg that's a little looser, wear your wider leather pants with a structured top or something fitted on top.
- For day time, try suede shorts with flats and a sweater.
- For night, wear your same suede shorts with a shimmery top and heels.
- Always mix textures!
- Don't mix leathers unless the colors are very different.
Wendy Norwood Patterson
Special thanks to Neiman Marcus for location and looks:
Special thanks to Neal Hamil for models: