How to Wear Graphic Prints
Check out some of the stunning printed pieces from designer David Peck's collection and get his insider tips on how to mix-and-match the patterns in your closet!
"I guess I'm obsessed with prints and we always create our own custom prints every season," David says.
So, yes, he knows a thing or two about styling prints and patterns.
Here are some of his best tips:
- The easiest way to wear a print or pattern, is to keep everything monochromatic or within the same color family. Pull a color from the print and use that as your accessory color.
- If you're just starting out with prints, wear them as accents, on collars, cuffs, or trim.
- Try mixing prints with mixed metals for a unique combination.
- When mixing two similar patterns (like houndstooth, or plaid) remember scale. Make sure one piece has a miniature print and the other has a large print.
- If you have a very large painterly print, make it your focal point with no other distractions.
- A great way to wear printed pants is in a big, vertical print (with lots of vertical lines) because it'll elongate your legs. If the fabric is also soft, not stiff, it'll move with your body and be really is flattering.
- Staying within the same color family is important! You can mix a lot of textures and prints, as long as you're not mixing a lot of different colors.
David Peck Collection
Special thanks to Tootsies: