Don't let your hair add to your holiday stress! Here are quick styles from salon owner Trey Gillen that you can do at home before the party or the pictures.
- Smooth your hair into a sleek, low side ponytail and secure with a rubber band.
- Wrap a piece of hair around the rubber band to hide it.
- Spray hair with shine spray and/or hairspray.
- Use a curling iron to curl small even sections of the hair in your ponytail.
- Toss the curls with your fingers (you can leave the curled ponytail like this, or continue to the next step).
- Use a brush to help twist the ponytail into one long spiral.
- Spray with hairspray and go!
- Tease the hair at your crown if you need extra volume.
- Brush the front of your hair back and gather it like you would for a half up style. Secure with bobby pins or a clip.
- Pin a store-bought "hair braid" headband to cover the pins or clip you just used. For a dressier look, layer a second headband right behind that one.
- Hide the bottom part of the headbands underneath a few layers of hair so you can't see it.
- Hairspray to secure.
- Tease, tease, tease the top section of your hair from front to back (but not the sides).
- Brush back the top layers of hair for a high, but smooth look.
- Use shape paste (a lot) to smooth back the sides of your hair with a comb. Use a hair dryer to set the hair.
- Comb the ends of the hair into place (wherever you want them to be). Hairspray in place!