Send your show thoughts, comments or questions about Mexico: One Plate at a Time using the form provided below.
Mexico: One Plate At A Time Episodes
Back home in Chicago, Rick and Lanie plan a cazuela-taco dinner. Lanie throws together a quick Pork with Smoky Tomato Sauce and Potatoes in the crockpot before heading off to school. By dinnertime, it'll be meltingly tender and richly flavored.
Meanwhile, Rick gathers some chard in the garden, offering a quick intro to the care and tending of this hearty, easy-to-grow vegetable. Then, he turns his harvest into a filling of Creamy Braised Chard, Potatoes and Poblanos and also prepares a Veracruz-Flavored Chilled Seafood.
The three fillings, mounded in those charming cazuelas from the Sonora Market, form the centerpiece for a cozy dinner with friends and family.
- Segment 1
- Sonora Market
- We find Rick and his daughter, Lanie, at the Mexico City's colorful Sonora Market, an emporium of medicinal herbs and the best place in town to buy cazuelas, the beautifully rustic earthenware cooking and serving casseroles that define a whole class of stews and taco fillings.
- Watch Segment
- Segment 2
- Pork Tinga with Potatoes, Avocado and Fresh Cheese
- This pork dish is meltingly tender and richly flavored.
- See Recipe
- Segment 3
- Chilled Shrimp and Crab a la Veracruzana
- Veracruz-flavored chilled seafood makes a delicious taco filling.
- See Recipe