Zabaglione and Amaretto-Soaked Cake
- Servings: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- Provided by: Chris Koetke
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 lb. ripe strawberries, sliced and mixed with sugar to taste (usually about 1/4 cup and is best mixed
- 30-60 minutes before needed)
- 1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 large pasteurized egg yolks (from the eggs that are pasteurized in their shells)
- 4 oz. pound cake cut into 4 slices
- 3 Tablespoons Amaretto
Ingredients Print Recipe
2. Place a piece of cake in the bottom of a decorative serving bowl. Sprinkle cake with Amaretto.
3. Top with strawberries and then almonds.
4. Combine Marsala, sugar, and egg yolks in a stainless steel bowl. Place bowl over a boiling pot of water. Whisk vigorously while the egg yolks become fluffy.
5. The zabaglione is ready when it has tripled in volume and thickened; and there is steam coming from it.
6. Pour over the strawberries and almonds in each bowl and serve immediately.