Root Vegetable, Fennel and Apple Soup
- Servings: 8-10
- Provided by: Chef Colin Crowley
- 1 cup Turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 cup Celery root, peeled and diced
- 1 cup Parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Fennel bulb, diced
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced
- 1/2 cup Leeks, cleaned and diced
- 1 1/2 cup Yukon gold potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup Apple, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon Toasted fennel seed, ground
- 2 qt. low-sodium Chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
Ingredients Print Recipe
1. Combine all ingredients in a soup pot and simmer for 30-35 minutes (or until vegetables are soft).
2. Puree in a blender being careful to blend at low speed and placing a sturdy towel over the blender.
3. To serve, top each serving with garnish below.
Garnish per serving:
1 tablespoon peeled apple, brunoise
1 teaspoon Creme Fraiche
Nutritional Analysis: Cal: 91, T.Fat: 3gm, Sat. Fat: Tr, Chol: 0mg, Sod: 345mg, T.Carb: 16gm, Fiber: 3gm, Pro: 13gm