Roasted Corn Shooters
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Provided by: Christian Fantoni
- 3 ears of fresh corn
- 1 small Spanish onion
- 1 quart of chicken stock
- 4 ounces of wild mushrooms
- 4 ounces of pancetta or bacon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces of olive oil
- 2 ounces of butter
- 2 ounces of sour cream
- 1 ounce of chives
Ingredients Print Recipe
2. Cut the corn off the cob, add to the onion and roast until golden. Set a small amount of corn aside for the garnish.
3. Add stock, salt, and pepper to the corn and onion and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
4. In a Vitamix blender, emulsify all the ingredients to a nice, creamy consistency. Keep warm.
5. Meanwhile, sautee the mushrooms in the remaining oil. Cut the pancetta/bacon into lardons (small strips) and fry until crisp.
6. Fill bottom of shot glasses with golden corn kernels, pancetta, and mushrooms.
7. Pour the creamy corn mixture on top and garnish with sour cream and chopped chives.