Peach and Blueberry Cobbler
- Servings: 6-8
- Difficulty: Easy
- Provided by: Chris Koetke
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 5 cups peaches -- peeled, pitted and cut into thick slices (can use frozen)
- 2 cups blueberries (can use frozen)
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons chilled butter -- cut into tablespoon pieces
- 1/3 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- Whipped cream or ice cream -- optional
Ingredients Print Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. For the filling mix sugar with cornstarch and toss that with peaches and blueberries. Transfer them to the bottom of a baking dish (9 or 10-inch round Pyrex pie plate or 9 or 10-inch square one) sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
3. For the dough, in a food processor combine the flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons sugar and salt; cut in chilled butter and process with cream to make dough.
4. Roll out to about 1/2-inch thick into a shape to fit your baking pan. Or cut into biscuits and set biscuits, touching each other, over fruit.
5. Drizzle biscuits with melted butter and sugar and bake for 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are golden and fruit underneath bubbling. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature with cream or ice cream.