- Servings: 12
- Difficulty: Easy
- Provided by: Jessica Grelle
- 8 oz. (1/2 pound) ground lean turkey (sub with any lean meat or meat substitute)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 small organic zucchini, chopped fine
- 12 oz. (1/2 jar) Mama Jess Bean Good
- 1 1/2 cups low fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teas. dried basil
- 24 square wonton wrappers
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, part skim milk
- Fresh basil to garnish
Ingredients Print Recipe
2. Heat large skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray or 1 T olive oil. Brown the meat. Set aside once cooked through. I like to place it on a plate with a paper towel to drain any fat.
3. Using same pan, sauté the onions, mushrooms and zucchini for a few minutes. Now return the meat to pan and add the Bean Good sauce. Cook for a couple minutes to thicken mixture up.
4. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, oregano and salt and pepper.
5. Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Place 1 wonton wrapper firmly in each cup.
6. Using half the ricotta mixture, spoon one tablespoon in each muffin cup. Next spoon half of turkey sauce mixture into each muffin cup. Sprinkle each cup with 2 tsp of mozzarella.
7. Press another wonton wrapper on top of last layer (mozzarella cheese) and repeat layering process one more time (wrapper, ricotta, turkey sauce, mozzarella)
8. Bake for 10 minutes or until wonton is golden and cheese has melted. Let cups cool for 5 minutes, remove & serve.
For more information on Mama Jess and her recipes, check out www.mamajess.com.