Lemon Buttermilk Pudding
- Servings: 6
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Provided by: Chris Koetke
- 2 lemon zest
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 yolks
- 1/4 cup and 3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 5 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 7 Tablespoons lemon juice
Ingredients Print Recipe
2. Add 3/4 cup buttermilk.
3. Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites and 1/4 cup sugar until they form soft peaks. Fold this meringue into the previous mixture.
4. Mix in remaining buttermilk and lemon juice.
5. Ladle the mixture into 6, 8 oz. souffle cups.
6. Place souffle cups into a roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with lukewarm water so that the water goes half way up the sides of the souffle cups. Bake in a 350 F oven for 45 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and remove the souffle cups from the water bath. Let cool.
8. Serve warm and topped with fresh berries.