Healthy Fruit Milkshakes
- Servings: 3
- Difficulty: Easy
- Provided by: Chris Koetke
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup no or reduced fat vanilla ice cream (You can also experiment with different flavors of ice cream!)
- 5 oz. frozen strawberries (a good heaping cup)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- Several drops lemon juice
- Honey to taste
- Fresh berries to garnish the sides of the glasses
Ingredients Print Recipe
2. Add remaining ingredients (except fresh berries for garnish) and process until thick and smooth. If the mixture is too thick, you can wait a bit for it to melt, and also turn off the blender and stir things up a bit.
3. Taste for sweetness. If you want it sweeter, add some honey.
4. Pour into glasses and garnish the rim of the glasses with fresh berries such as strawberries split in half without cutting through the hull.
**To make a peach shake, replace the berries with 10 oz. frozen peaches.