Guilt-Free Veggie Stuffed Peppers
- Servings: 4
- Provided by: Cindy Chiang
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced mushroom
- 1 cup israeli couscous
- 2 cups veggie stock
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 cup black beluga lentils
- 1 cup brownrice
- 1 cup diced zuchini
- 1 cup diced yellow squash
- 2 cups chopped parsley
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 8 bell peppers
Ingredients Print Recipe
2. Add couscous and saute for 3 minutes, until they have a light brown color.
3. Add veggie stock and simmer until couscous is fluffy.
4. Add lentils and rice. Continue to cook until liquid is absorbed.
5. Add zucchini, yellow squash and parsley, mix well.
6. Transfer mix to sheet pans and cool.
7. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds.
8. Place tomato sauce and water in a 9"x11" pan and mix together.
9. Fill peppers with mix and place on top of sauce.
10. Cook covered.
For more information on Foodease, check out foodeasechicago.com.