Farro Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce
- Servings: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- Provided by: Lee Greene
- 1/2 bag Scrumptious Pantry Farro pasta
- 14 oz pumpkin into small cubes
- 1/4 chopped onion (3oz)
- 3/8 cup warm vegetable broth
- 4 tbsp chopped Scrumptious Pantry Heirloom Pickles Beaver Dam Peppers (can substitute other pickled vegetables or olives)
- 2 tbsp Beaver Dam Pepper brine (substitute with the brine of the above ingredient)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Scrumptious Pantry Heirloom Savoury Salt Earthy
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp toasted walnuts
- 2 tbsp grated goat cheese
- Scrumptious Pantry Extra Virgin Olive Oil "blend" (or other high-quality EVOO)
Ingredients Print Recipe
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil and cook pasta until al dente
2. In a large pan saute' the onions in a little EV olive oil until transparent.
3. Add the pumpkin and salt, stir and cover the pan, cook on a moderate flame for 15 minutes, adding the vegetable broth from time to time until the pumpkin is tender.
4. Add the chopped pickled Beaver Dam Peppers, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Drain the pasta and mix into the pan, stir well. Serve in warm plates, sprinkle with goat cheese, nuts and drizzle with some Extra Virgin Olive Oil. (Note: do not rinse the pasta with water!)