- Servings: 4
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Provided by: Chris Koetke
- 5 pounds chicken pieces (2 legs, 2 thighs, 2 wings, and 2 breasts with bones and skin)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups diced onions
- 8 oz. mushrooms, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaf
- 2 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 6-8 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 3 Tablespoons cold water
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh tarragon leaves
Ingredients Print Recipe
2. In a large saute pan, lightly brown the chicken (in batches) in 2 Tablespoons oil. Remove from the sauté pan when it is browned.
3. Add remaining 1 Tablespoon of oil to the pan. Sauté onions until lightly browned.
4. Add mushrooms and continue cooking until they are lightly browned.
5. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
6. Add chicken back to pan along with broth and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 30-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
7. Remove chicken from pan. Skim to remove fat.
8. Whisk in the Dijon mustard and cornstarch mixture. Bring back to a boil.
9. Add chicken back to the pan along with tarragon. Taste for seasoning and serve.