- Servings: 4
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Provided by: Chris Koetke
- 4 large Russet potatoes, washed well and at room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups raw spinach
- 8 Tablespoons roasted red peppers
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 2 Tablespoons hot giardinera, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup pizza sauce (if you like it spicier, add some chile flake)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Ingredients Print Recipe
2. Place a wooden spoon along each side of the potato lengthwise. (You should have the handle running along each side of the potato.) Using a sharp knife, cut ¼-1/3-inch slices in the potato, being careful not to cut through to the bottom of the potato. This is why the wooden spoons are placed along the side of the potato so the knife stops at the wooden spoon.
3. Fill each slice with a different ingredient -- sauteed spinach, red pepper, pepperoni, and giardinara -- repeating as necessary. (Some of the filling may be sticking out of the top of the potato.)
4. Place stuffed potatoes in an 8 x 8 baking dish. Pour broth and pizza sauce around the potatoes. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 375 degree oven for 45-60 minutes or until the potatoes are very tender.
5. Remove the foil, drizzle remaining olive oil over the potatoes and top with parmesan cheese. Return to the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
6. Serve potatoes with plenty of the braising liquid.