Indian Meatballs with Yogurt Raita
- Servings: 30
- Difficulty: Easy
- Provided by: Chris Koetke
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/2 cup small diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon whole fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala or curry powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 20 oz. can diced pineapple in juice, drained or fresh pieces of pineapple or mango
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely diced cucumber
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Ingredients Print Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Form small meatballs.
4. Place meatballs on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Place each meatball on a toothpick with a piece of pineapple.
7. Serve with raita (see below).
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Serve with meatball skewers.