Let's Dish Episodes
Yum Wunsen (Spicy Glass Noodle Salad)
Yum wunsen is a spicy glass noodle salad.
- 1 c. Ground chicken
- 10 oz. Large shrimp, peeled
- 1 8.8 oz. Pack Glass noodles
- 3/4 c. Cloud ear mushrooms, presoaked and sliced
- As needed Water (to boil chicken, shrimp, noodles and cloud ear mushrooms)
- 2 T. Vegetable oil
- 1 c. Shallot, thinly sliced
- 6-8 Pieces Thai hot chilies; thinly sliced
- 3/4 - 1 c. Asian celery, ˝? cut (if not available, use normal celery, cut lengthwise and thinly sliced)
- 1 c. Scallion, julienne
- 1 c. Cilantro leaves
- 1/2 c. Roasted peanuts
- 4 T. Fish sauce
- 3 1/2 T. Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 1/2 T. Sriracha Chili sauce
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- 1 3/4 tsp. Pickled garlic brine (optional)
- 1/4 c. Red finger hot chilies, seeds and membranes removed, then diagonally sliced or finely julienne
- 1/4 c. Small dried shrimp, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes and then drained
- 1T. vegetable oil
2. In a separate pot of boiling water, cook the shrimp, remove, dice and reserve.
3. In a separate pot of boiling water, boil glass noodles for 2 minutes, strain and toss lightly with oil; and reserve.
4. In still another pot of boiling water, boil cloud mushrooms for 2 minutes, strain and reserve.
5. Make sauce mixture by mixing well Sriracha chili sauce, lime juice, fish sauce, pickled garlic brine and sugar.
6. Toss glass noodles, cloud ear mushrooms, cooked chicken and diced prawn with the sauce mixture and combined with the rest of the ingredients.
7. To prepare the garnish, sauté shrimp for several minutes over high heat in a non-stick sauté pan in vegetable oil. When crispy, remove from heat and drain on paper towel.
8. Sprinkle generously the fried dried shrimp and julienne red finger hot over the top of the salad.
Nutritional Analysis: Cal: 268, TFat: 8gm, Sat F: 2gm, Chol: 66mg, Sod: 158mg, TCho: 34gm, Fib: 2gm, Pro: 16gm