Let's Dish Episodes
Spicy Tofu And Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce
We "break the mold" and take tofu into areas you might not think about!
- 8 ounces Italian marinated firm tofu, cut into ½" cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon chile flake
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2. Saute mushrooms in the same saute pan in 2 more tablespoons of olive oil.
3. When the mushrooms are 3/4 cooked, add the onion. Continue cooking until translucent.
4. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
5. Add chile flake and cook 1 more minute.
6. Add tofu and tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Continue cooking at a simmer for 20-30 minutes.
7. Just before serving, add the olives and the basil.
8. Serve over whole wheat spaghetti pasta with a grating of Parmesan cheese.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 211 Calories; 14g Fat (53.7% caloriesji-omfat); 9g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; Omg Cholesterol; 997mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.