Let's Dish Episodes
Potatoes and Baked Onion
Chef Chris shares two delicious recipes!
- 1 lb. very small red potatoes cut in half
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb blend
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
2. Cook potatoes in a 350 degrees oven until browned and tender (about 30 minutes). Stir the potatoes periodically as they cook to be sure they cook evenly.
3. When the potatoes are done place in a bowl. Toss potatoes with cheeses and Italian herbs, parsley and any remaining oil. Taste for seasoning and serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis: Cal: 180, T.Fat: 8gm, Sat.F: 4gm, Chol: 18mg, Sod: 430mg, T.Carb: 21gm, Fiber: 2gm, Pro: 7gm
Blue Cheese Baked Onions
- 4 10-12 oz. onions (Spanish onions work great, although you can also certainly use sweeter varieties)
- 2 oz. fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz. full-flavored blue cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
2. Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, blue cheese, pepper, green onion, and water. Reserve.
3. Remove onions from oven and unwrap just to expose the cut surface of the onions. Using a paring knife, cut down into the onion slightly without cutting through the skin. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar into the top of the onion. Top the cut surface of the onion with the cream cheese/blue cheese mixture. You can push some of this mixture into the center of the onion. Top with panko bread crumbs.
4. Return the onions, foil tops open, to the oven and bake for 15 more minutes. Remove and cool slightly before serving.
Nutritional Analysis: Cal: 190, T.Fat: 5gm, Sat.F: 3gm, Chol: 13mg, Sod: 364mg, T.Carb: 29gm, Fiber: 5gm, Pro: 9gm