Let's Dish Episodes
Mussels Steamed in Beer
Some tips to keep in mind when cooking with beer!
- 4 lbs. mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) amber ale
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Place shallots, beer, parsley, butter, salt and pepper in a deep saucepan or small stockpot. Mix.
2. Add mussels to the pan, place on high heat and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat, cover and simmer until the mussels just open (4-5 minutes).
3. Remove mussels from the pan and place in deep serving containers. Taste cooking liquid for seasoning. Pour the liquid over the mussels and serve immediately with lots of French bread for dipping.
Cals: 260 TFat: 8 gm S.Fat:3gm Chol: 71mg Sod: 787mg Carb: 13gm Fib: tr Pro: 27gm