Let's Dish Episodes
Frozen Surprise Oranges
We prepare a cool recipe using oranges!
- 4 cups highest quality orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4-5 large oranges
2. Stir the orange mixture with a fork every 30-45 minutes until it is completely frozen. The frequent stirring helps the mixture freeze like a sorbet and not freeze into one large piece. This process will take 2-3 hours.
3. Trim the bottom of the oranges so that they will not roll around. Cut the top ¾ inch off the oranges and reserve. Using a paring knife, cut out the inside of the orange without cutting through to the bottom. Using a sturdy serving spoon, scoop out additional flesh with the orange (including the tops of the oranges).
4. Fill the orange with the frozen mixture, mounding it slightly. Place the lids on the oranges so that the seams match up. Keep frozen until needed. You will be able to fill 4-5 oranges depending on the size of the oranges. 5. Serve in a bowl surrounded by chopped fruit salad as a refreshing dessert.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of Cointreau or Grand Marnier to the orange juice before freezing.
- Add a bit of Grenadine to the orange juice before freezing.
- Fold in 2-3 Tablespoons of minced candied ginger into the frozen mixture just before filling the oranges.