Let's Dish Episodes
Edamame and Black Bean Salad
We're whipping up a great edamame and black bean salad!
From the Chef: This salad can be served either hot or cold. It can be a meal unto itself or served with a lean piece of chicken or fish, or even a slice of grilled or baked tofu. The soy and flax seed, while adding some fat, are also excellent for improving cardio vascular health.
- 1 lb. thawed shelled edamame
- 1 15 oz. can black beans or black soybeans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
- 6 Tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or grape seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 Tablespoons whole roasted flax seed (optional)
2. Place in refrigerator and let marinade for several hours before serving. The marinating time improves the overall flavor.
Nutritional Analysis: Cal: 432, T.Fat: 12g, Sat. fat: 0g, Chol: 0mg, Sod: 170mg, T. Carb: 58g, T. Fiber: 16g, Pro: 26g