Let's Dish Episodes
Butternut Squash Crusted Chicken Breast
The world's tallest chef shows us a tasty way to combine chicken with butternut squash!
Butternut squash crusted Chicken:
- 8-6oz. Chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 4 cups Butternut Squash- up to 5lbs, peeled, seeded, shredded
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 16-oz. Chevre Goat cheese-2oz per portion
- 2 tsp. Anise seeds
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut off the ends of the squash to help keep it stable. Cut in half. Carefully use a peeler or a paring knife to remove skin. Use a melon scoop to remove seeds, and discard seeds. To shred the squash use a hand grater or a Cuisinart grating attachment, and place in bowl.
3. In a separate bowl combine the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and anise seeds. Combine the breadcrumbs into the grated squash.
4. Place chicken in a bowl; add the egg whites.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat; or spray with pan spray. Place chicken on sheet pan with breast side down, place the squash mixture on the chicken, covering as much as possible; firmly press on the chicken. Gently flip the chicken over and place the remaining squash mix on the breast and firmly press on the chicken. Wash hands.
6. Cut the Goat cheese in two-ounce portions using a sharp knife, and place two slices on each breast. Cook in oven for 20 minutes, till a temperature of 165 degrees. Serve with fruit salsa.
- 1/2 cup Papaya-peeled, seeded, diced
- 1/2 cup Red onion-diced
- 1/2 cup Yellow bell pepper-diced
- 1/2 cup Red bell pepper-diced
- 1/2 cup Scallion-chopped
- 1/2 cup Cilantro-chopped
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne
1. It is best to prepare the salsa 1 hour ahead of the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator.
2. Dice and chop the fruit and all the vegetables, and place in bowl, add lemon juice. Add the cayenne. Add cilantro at the last minute; mix well.
3. To serve, place a generous portion of the fruit salsa, on a plate. Place hot chicken breast on top of the salsa. Enjoy.
Cals: 257 TFat: 11 gm S.Fat:2 gm Chol: 9mg Sod: 170mg Carb: 37gm Fib: 2gm Pro: 10gm