Let's Dish Episodes
Beer Poached Salmon
Chef Shelley young shows us how to poach salmon with beer!
- 6 salmon filets (about 6 ounces each), skinned
- About 2 cups Belgian Ale
- About 2 cups water
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Place salmon filets, not touching, in a ceramic baking dish.
2. Add about equal parts beer and water until liquid reaches 1/3 of the way up the sides of dish.
3. Sprinkle filets with salt and pepper.
4. Bake in preheated 400º oven until just opaque but not flaking, about 8 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
5. Remove from liquid with a slotted spatula and serve.
Cals: 230 TFat: 6 gm S.Fat:1 gm Chol: 88mg Sod: 225mg Carb: 3gm Fib: tr Pro: 34gm
- 3 tablespoons Belgian Ale
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, peeled
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put all ingredients in blender and puree.
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper, or 2 teaspoons of your favorite seasoning salt
1. Wash and poke several holes in potatoes with a knife. Microwave potatoes until tender, approximately 6-8 minutes.
2. Dice potatoes in 1 inch cubes.
3. Preheat skillet over medium high heat, add oil, potatoes and seasonings. Sauté until potatoes are crispy and brown.
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
1. Toss mixed greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, crispy potatoes with enough vinALEgrette just to coat the salad.
Cals: 230 TFat: 19gm S.Fat: 3gm Chol: 0mg Sod: 391mg Carb: 13gm Fib: 4gm Pro: 3gm